APPLY now TO PARTICIPATE IN the 49TH ANNUAL AADP
On behalf of the African American Day Parade, Inc. Board of Directors & Committees, welcome to the application page for the 49th Annual African American Day Parade. Every third Sunday in September the AADP kicks off as the nation's largest African American parade featuring majestic floats, marching bands, community-based organizations, civil servants, performance groups, politicians, fraternities and sororities, unions, celebrities, national figures and many more.
Here at AADP, we are always on the lookout for the best floats, most polished marching organizations and the most entertaining marching bands, drum and bugle corps, community bands and performance groups. We are excited to review this year's applications and showcase the absolute best of the African American community as we celebrate Culture, Heritage and Legacy!
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
DEADLINE FRIDAY, AUGUST 3, 2018
COMPLETE, SUBMIT & DONATE BELOW:
AADP Rules & GUIDELINES
1. All participants must line-up in the block specified in invitation email.
2. Participating groups and organizations should have coordinated attire/ uniforms/ costumes.
3. All participants must embody performance qualities such as smiling, waving, enthusiasm, and pride.
4. NO THIRD PARTIES will be allowed to march with Original group that signed on the Registration.
5. All participants must promote African American heritage, culture and pride. Groups/participants that do not reflect the culture may not be allowed to participate in the parade.
6. All participants must reflect a respect for general public decency and moral values, including a dress code of a professional or cultural nature. All participants must refrain from the use of profane or offensive language, aggressive behavior, and alcohol and/or drug use.
7. No political or electoral advertisement or signs may be displayed by any contingent.
8. Participants with children and seniors are encouraged to bring water & snacks; however participants marching with coolers must walk on the far left side of the parade route.
9. All participants must adhere to the instructions of Parade Coordinators/ Officials & Volunteers during the parade.
REGARDING MARCHING BANDS/ PERFORMANCE GROUPS
• Performance groups and marching bands may NOT stop to perform in the Parade Route. Groups must DANCE & MOVE.
• Group may come to a complete stop to perform at 125th Street Reviewing Stand for a 60 second routine.
• Performers must wear appropriate and neat attire that will remain secure along the parade route.
• Tights Must be worn with leotards and shorts.
• Organizations are allowed one (1) vehicle, no larger than an SUV. Flatbeds, trailers, pickup trucks and U-Hauls are prohibited.
• All motorcyclist must line up in specified block and provide license and registration. Stunts are prohibited.
• All Floats must be ordered through the African American Day Parade, Inc.
• All marchers must remain lined up on sidewalks and out the way of Floats & other vehicles.
• All participants on Floats must be actively engaged and dressed in uniformed attire to best represent group/organization.
AADP PARTICIPATION FORMS
ORDER A FLOAT!
BECOME A VOLUNTEER!
PURCHASE A JOURNAL AD
EXAMPLE OF STANDARD FLOATS
Decoration (basic trim)
Basic, in-house signage
EXAMPLE OF CUSTOM FLOATS
Dimensions: 8’x28’ and up to 13’ in height
8’x32’ and up to 13’ in height (limited supply)
Decoration (special construction)
Vehicle, Driver & Insurance
NOTE: Designs that exceed the budget allocated for custom floats will be subject to additional cost.