IMPORTANT: As of February 2017, the AADP has updated it’s registration process and we are now asking Participants to follow
the registration instructions below. As you may know, over the past forty-seven years the AADP has been operating at absolutely
no-cost to Participants. However, as we seek to enhance the AADP Brand and prepare for local and national broadcasting, we
ask that all Participants support our transformative efforts and register with a modest donation. The AADP is a Parade for the
community and we depend on the support of the community to further our growth as an organization. We thank you for your
July 30th, 2017
*Some Extensions May Be Granted
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM OR COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION BELOW!
PARADE PARTICIPANT FORMS
REGISTRATION FORM FLOAT ORDER FORM VOLUNTEER TODAY! PURCHASE JOURNAL AD
BECOME AN AADP SPONSOR TODAY!!
EXAMPLE OF CUSTOM FLOATS
Dimensions: 8’x28’ and up to 13’ in height
8’x32’ and up to 13’ in height (limited supply)
Decoration (special construction)
Vehicle, Driver & Insurance
NOTE: Designs that exceed the budget allocated for custom floats will be subject to additional cost.
EXAMPLE OF STANDARD FLOATS
Decoration (basic trim)
Basic, in-house signage
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
COMPLETE, SUBMIT & DONATE BELOW:
Rules & Regulations
1. All participants must line-up in the block specified in invitation email.
2. Participating groups and organizations should have coordinated attire/ uniforms/ costumes.
3. All participants must embody performance qualities such as smiling, waving, enthusiasm, and pride.
4. NO THIRD PARTIES will be allowed to march with Original group that signed on the Registration.
5. All participants must promote African American heritage, culture and pride. Groups/participants that do not reflect the culture may not be allowed to participate in the parade.
6. All participants must reflect a respect for general public decency and moral values, including a dress code of a professional or cultural nature. All participants must refrain from the use of profane or offensive language, aggressive behavior, and alcohol and/or drug use.
7. No political or electoral advertisement or signs may be displayed by any contingent.
8. Participants with children and seniors are encouraged to bring water & snacks; however participants marching with coolers must walk on the far left side of the parade route.
9. All participants must adhere to the instructions of Parade Coordinators/ Officials & Volunteers during the parade.
• Organizations are allowed one (1) vehicle, no larger than an SUV. Flatbeds and trailers are prohibited.
• All motorcyclist must line up in specified block and provide license and registration. Stunts are prohibited.
• All Floats must be ordered through the African American Day Parade, Inc.
• All marchers must remain lined up on sidewalks and out the way of Floats & other vehicles.
• All participants on Floats must be actively engaged and dressed in uniformed attire to best represent group/organization.
REGARDING MARCHING BANDS/ PERFORMANCE GROUPS
• Performers must wear appropriate and neat attire that will remain secure along the parade route.
• Tights Must be worn with leotards and shorts.